Deprecated: The PSR-0 `Requests_...` class names in the Request library are deprecated. Switch to the PSR-4 `WpOrg\Requests\...` class names at your earliest convenience. in /nas/content/live/tashorg/wp-includes/class-requests.php on line 24
As a leader in disability advocacy for over 40 years, the mission of TASH is to promote the full inclusion and participation of children and adults with significant disabilities in every aspect of their community, and to eliminate the social injustices that diminish human rights. TASH works to advance inclusive communities through advocacy, research, professional development, policy, and information and resources for parents, families and self-advocates. These things are accomplished through collaboration among self-advocates, families, professionals, policy-makers, advocates and many others who seek to promote equity, opportunity and inclusion. TASH offers internships at its national headquarters in Washington, DC. The internship program is designed to provide undergraduate, graduate and post graduate students with an opportunity to gain experience, to learn about TASH, and to contribute to inclusive practices in every aspect of life for people with significant disabilities.
As an intern, you’ll have the opportunity to gain experience in one or several the the following areas depending on your interests and capabilities:
- Public Policy
- Conference and Event Planning
- Fund and Membership Development
- Nonprofit Management
- Marketing and Communications
Interns are expected to have the following knowledge and skills:
- Good communication skills – written, verbal, or through assistive technology
- Able to present oneself in a professional manner
- Can work under multiple deadlines
- Skilled in producing quality, thorough work
- Capable of working independently and with a team
- Knowledge of using office and technological equipment or capable of learning to do so
- Able to be a self-starter
Start dates and hours:
Intern start dates and hours are flexible and based on an individual’s needs. Deadline for submitting applications are as follows;
- Spring Internships: November 15th
- Summer Internships: April 15th
- Fall Internships: July 15th
Compensation and housing:
- Interns are not financially compensated for their work. Interns are responsible for their own housing and transportation.
- Interns may receive academic credit for their work through their school. Academic credit is to be managed between the individual and the school solely.
- TASH will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. Interns must own and use their own computer/laptop.
- Minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your cover letter and resume to the TASH National Office at:
Michael J. Brogioli
1101 15th Street NW
Washington, DC 20005